The resuscitation department of the Mohammed VI International University Hospital is operational 24 hours a day and welcomes patients with acute failure of vital functions in a polyvalent resuscitation unit or in case of emergency within the hospital :
- The respiratory system (lungs)
- Circulatory system (heart and vessels)
- Renal function
- The nervous system…
Our hospital is equipped with an anesthesia facility that guarantees maximum safety for our patients in the operating theater, in close collaboration with the surgeons and other departments outside the operating theater:
- Pre-anesthetic consultations
- Anesthesia in the operating theater, in delivery rooms and in technical platforms
- Endoscopy, interventional radiology and Medically-Assisted Reproduction (MAR)
- Perioperative care
- 24/7 Surgical and obstetrical emergencies.
The anesthetists provide daily pre-anesthetic consultation and carry out all acts in these different departments on a continuous basis.
An on-call service is provided at night, on weekends, and public holidays to ensure continuity of care.
Heart and vascular problems
- Diseases of the coronary arteries, heart muscle, heart valves, pericardium and blood vessels
- High blood pressure
- Congenital heart disease.
- Dental care
- Implantology: dental implants, implant prosthesis
- Pediatric Dentistry
Diseases of the skin, mucous membranes, scalp, and nails
- Common dermatological pathologies: eczema, psoriasis, skin infections, toxidermia, bullous dermatoses…
- General pathologies with dermatological expression (lupus, vasculitis…)
– Thyroid pathologies (nodules, goiter, hypothyroidism, and hyperthyroidism),
– Pathologies of puberty and growth,
– Adrenal pathologies (hyperpilosity, Addison’s disease, Cushing’s syndrome, …)
– Pituitary pathologies (pituitary adenoma, corticotropic insufficiency after corticosteroid therapy, diabetes insipidus,…)
– Metabolic pathologies (hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hypertension, overweight…)
– Type 1 and type 2 diabetes,
– Gestational diabetes.
Management of digestive system diseases with access to recognized and innovative treatments.
- Diagnosis and medical treatment of diseases of the digestive system (digestive endoscopy)
- Management of chronic inflammatory bowel disease – Video capsule and enteroscopy
- Digestive oncology (speciﬁc diagnosis and advanced treatment)
- Medical and surgical proctology
- Nutrition and obesity management
- Interventional therapeutic endoscopy (echo-endoscopy, biliary and pancreas catheterization)
- Digestive emergencies.
The Mohammed VI International University Hospital has a level 3 maternity unit and ensures the presence of on-call doctors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The obstetrics department supports:
- Diagnosis and follow-up from preconception to childbirth (prenatal consultations, dating ultrasounds, obstetrical ultrasounds, morphological ultrasounds, etc.)
- Normal or medical delivery
- Delivery by scheduled or emergency caesarean section
- Support during childbirth (end of pregnancy monitoring)
- Management of normal, pathological or high-risk pregnancies
- Management of placenta accreta pathologies
- Obstetric emergencies
- Functional disorders: Hormonal problems, Functional menstrual disorders, Pathologies of adolescence, Pelvic pain syndrome.
- Genital and urinary tract infections
- Breast examination
- Osteoporosis assessment
- Menopause with hormonal evaluation.
- Exploration of uterine pathologies by ultrasound and hysteroscopy
- Diagnosis and management of breast cancer
- Breast surgery: conservative surgery and modern surgery for breast pathologies
- Stress urinary incontinence surgery: strip treatment or minimally invasive approach
- Surgery for pelvic floor disorders by laparoscopic, natural or mixed route: genital, bladder or rectum prolapse
- Laparoscopic surgery: laparoscopic promontofixation
- Surgery under hysteroscopy of uterine pathologies: uterine fibroids, uterine polyps, uterine synechiae, endometriectomy, tubal sterilization
- Hysteroscopic or laparoscopic ﬁbroma surgery
- Cervical surgery (laser conization)
- Total or subtotal hysterectomy with or without ovarian conservation, by hysteroscopy or laparoscopy
- Ovarian surgery: removal of cysts and tumors
- Fertility surgery: tubal plastic surgery, destruction of endometriosis, removal of adhesions…
- Surgery for pelvic endometriosis
- Plastic surgery
Note that in some cases, RCPs (Multidisciplinary Consultation Meetings) are held for optimal patient care.
Among the hemopathies, there are cancers, which are called hematological cancers :
- Other blood diseases…
The mission of pediatric hemato-oncology is to treat blood diseases in children, whether benign or malignant, and childhood cancers.
Benign and malignant hematology
- Constitutional or acquired pathologies of the blood concerning red blood cells, platelets and/or white blood cells.
- Cancerous pathologies, mainly acute leukaemias.
- Malignant solid tumors.
TheInternal medicine is a versatile specialty that deals with the internal organs (such as the heart, lungs, digestive system, etc.).
- Diagnosis and comprehensive management of adult diseases
- Systemic diseases
- Autoimmune diseases
- Complex and rare cases.
Diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles :
- Vascular diseases : strokes, transient ischemic attacks (TIAs)
- Degenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s…)
- Central nervous system pathologies: epilepsy (clinical assessment, electroencephalograms), multiple sclerosis and vasculitis, brain tumors
- Pathologies of the peripheral nervous system (polyneuritis, sciatica) and muscle diseases
- Migraines and headaches.
- Acute or chronic renal failure
- Renal colic
- Proteinuria (presence of protein in the urine)
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Nephritic syndrome
- Recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Acute or chronic kidney disease
- Nephrotic syndromes (proteinuria)
- Developmental abnormalities of the kidneys or urinary tract (small kidneys, uropathy)
- Genetic kidney diseases
- Renal pathologies of infectious or immunological origin (lupus)
- Kidney stones and other causes of hematuria
- Metabolic diseases with renal involvement
- Renal failure (acute or chronic), regardless of cause
- High blood pressure
- Tumors (brain, E.N.T., endocrine, lung, gynecological, prostate, digestive tract…)
- Consultations adults and children
- Examination under sedation in children
- Corneal and ocular surface disease
- Keratoconus and contact lens adaptation
- Inflammatory eye diseases
- Vitreoretinal disease (diabetic retinopathy)
- OCT , OCT-A
- Retinophotography, Retinal Angiography
- Corneal topography (PENTACAM, ORBSCAN)
- OPD (ZYWAVE)
- Non-contact biometrics
- Ocular ultrasound A, B and UBM
- Automated visual field
- Orthoptic assessment, visual rehabilitation
- Lancaster, color vision
- multispot argon
- YAG (Capsulotomy, Iridotomy)
- Screening, diagnosis and management of deafness in children (cochlear implantation)
- Diagnosis and management of deafness and tinnitus in adults.
- Auditory explorations: tonal and vocal audiometry, impedancemetry, AEO and PEA, etc.
- Rhinitis and allergic rhinosinusitis
- Nasal obstruction: enlarged turbinates (turbinoplasty), deviated nasal septum (septoplasty)
- polyps of the nasal cavities: naso-sinus polyposis
- Acute and chronic sinusitis (maxillary, frontal, ethmoidal and sphenoidal sinuses)
- Benign tumors and cancers of the nasal cavities
- Functional and aesthetic disorders of the nose: septo and rhinoplasty
- Video-endoscopic surgery of the nose and sinuses
- Cerebrospinal rhinorrhea
- Endoscopic surgery of the base of the skull in collaboration with the neurosurgery team
- Infectious and inflammatory pathologies of the larynx (acute and chronic laryngitis)
- Laryngeal cancers
- Voice pathologies (phoniatrics) and phonosurgery: dysphonia in children and adults
- Laryngeal cancers
- Explorations of the pathway: stroboscopy, laryngoscopy and electromyography (EMG) of the larynx in partnership with neurologists
- Vocal rehabilitation of vocal cord paralysis
- Phoniatric and speech therapy rehabilitation
- Trans oral endoscopic CO2 Laser treatment of oropharyngeal pathologies
- Cancers of the oral cavity, cavum, oropharynx and hypopharynx
- Swallowing disorders
NECK PATHOLOGIES AND CERVICAL SURGERY
- Acute and chronic cervical lymphadenopathy
- Cervical infections and cervical cellulitis
- Sialadenitis and lithiasis of the salivary glands
- Benign and malignant parotid, submaxillary and accessory gland tumors
- NIM-assisted parotidectomy and submaxillectomy (facial nerve neurostimulator monitoring)
- Thyroid cancers
- Upper aerodigestive tract: oral cavity, pharynx and larynx
- Salivary gland cancers
- Nose and sinus cancers
- Thyroid cancers
- Skin cancers of the face
DIZZINESS AND VESTIBULAR REHABILITATION
- Diagnosis of vertigo and balance disorder
- Vestibular explorations: VNS, VNG, VHIT, etc.
- Multidisciplinary management of vertiginous crisis
- Vestibular rehabilitation: rotary chair, optokinetics, etc.
- Allergic rhinitis
- Eczema of the ear, …
- Diagnosis and multidisciplinary management of peripheral facial paralysis
- Motor rehabilitation of the face
MANAGEMENT OF SNORING AND SLEEP APNEA (OSA)
- Exploration: nocturnal ventilatory polygraphy, polysomnography and pharyngeal video-endoscopy
- Medical and surgical treatment of snoring and sleep apnea
- Management of fractures and trauma to the face and neck (fractured nose, mandible, orbit, malar, sinus and larynx)
Medical and surgical management of ENT and cervico-maxillofacial EMERGENCIES (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Laryngeal dyspnea (tracheotomy)
- Epistaxis and other hemorrhagic accidents
- Laryngeal and neck trauma
- Facial trauma: wounds, fractures of the nose and mandible, …
- Laryngo-tracheo-bronchial foreign bodies: children and adults
- Pharyngoesophageal foreign bodies
- Dizziness and balance disorders
- Foreign bodies in the nose and ears
- Sudden deafness
- Facial and vocal cord paralysis
- Infectious ENT and cervico-facial pathologies (cellulitis, sinusitis, tonsillar phlegmons, malignant external otitis, mastoiditis, etc.)
Pathologies of the locomotor system (diseases or injuries affecting bones, joints and their ligaments, muscles or tendons, nerves…)
- Orthopedics and traumatology of the elderly
- Orthopedics and adult traumatology
- Orthopedics and child traumatology.
Treatment of all children’s pathologies, from birth to 18 years of age.
General pediatric consultations and vaccinology
Pediatric specialty consultations :
- Diabetes Endocrinology
- Gastroenterology and nutrition
- Early Childhood Development.
- Chronic respiratory diseases: asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchial dilatation, chronic respiratory failure
- Malignant and benign lung tumors
- Acute pathologies: pulmonary, pleural, infectious, immuno-allergic, vascular…
- Sleep apnea syndrome.
Psychiatry helps in the understanding, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of mental illnesses .
In parallel with the most well-known mental illnesses (schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorders, autism, etc.), the psychiatrist takes care of:
- Eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia),
- personality disorders,
- attention deficit disorders,
- sleep disorders,
- Neurocognitive disorders – related to dementia or stress/trauma
- Anxiety disorders (OCD, phobias)
- Addictions and disorders related to the use of drugs and alcohol.
Diseases of the spine, rheumatism, bone and joint diseases of the limbs.
- Osteoarthritis, polyarthritis
- Tendon and muscle pain
- Bone, tumor and infectious diseases
- Osteoporosis, fractures and vertebral compression
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Interventional rheumatology
- Treatment of herniated discs.
- Traumatism sequels
- Orthopedic and/or reconstructive surgery follow-up
- Rheumatic pathologies
- Spinal pathologies
- Sequels of neurological disorders
- Respiratory pathologies
- Balance problems
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Perineal rehabilitation
- Lymphatic drainage.
Kidney, urinary tract and male genital diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of all urological cancers: prostate, bladder, excretory tract, kidneys, testicles
- Infections after adenoma
- Male sterility
- Erectile dysfunction
- Female urinary incontinence and prolapse